A warm leek and potato soup that is delicious and easy to make.
The ingredient of Potato and leek soup
- 30g (1 1/2 tablespoons) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, thinly sliced, washed
- 3 medium (about 500g) coliban (washed) potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 750mls (3 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 125mls (1/2 cup) milk
- 125mls (1/2 cup) thin cream
- Salt & ground pepper, to taste
- Ground nutmeg, to taste
The instruction how to make Potato and leek soup
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Add leeks and stir to coat well. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add potatoes and stir to coat well. Increase heat to high and add the stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (See microwave tip.) Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes.
- Place 1/2 the soup into a blender or the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Repeat with the remaining soup and return to the saucepan. Add milk and cream and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season well with salt and pepper. Ladle into soup bowls, sprinkle with nutmeg and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Potato and leek soupcalories: 331.732 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 21 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 53 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 797.49 milligrams sodium