Make weeknight cooking easy with this one-pot carrot, lentil and coconut soup.
The ingredient of Carrot, lentil and coconut soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 large green chilli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tikka masala curry paste
- 5 (500g) carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 800g can crushed tomatoes
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Plain yoghurt, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, extra, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
The instruction how to make Carrot, lentil and coconut soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add carrot. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until coated in paste. Stir in lentils, tomatoes, coconut milk and 1 litre cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until carrot and lentils are tender.
- Remove pan from heat. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Stir in coriander. Ladle soup among serving bowls. Serve with yoghurt, extra coriander and pappadums.
Nutritions of Carrot, lentil and coconut soupcalories: 479.434 calories
calories: 23.4 grams fat
calories: 18.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 42.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18.8 grams protein
calories: 4 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 864 milligrams sodium