For a lighter alternative to this easy one-pot chicken, use a cup of chicken stock instead of cream and stir in 2 teaspoons of Djion or wholegrain mustard.
The ingredient of Summer one-pot chicken recipe
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 450g kipfler potatoes, peeled, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125ml (1/2 cup) chicken stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, plus extra to serve
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Summer one-pot chicken recipe
- Season chicken well. Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add squash to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden and just tender. Remove and set aside. Add potatoes and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes until tomatoes start to soften. Add stock and cream. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Return chicken to pan with oregano. Simmer for a further 4-5 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Return squash to pan. Add beans and sugar snap peas and simmer for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Season well. Divide among serving bowls, scatter with extra oregano and black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Summer one-pot chicken recipecalories: 612.796 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 36 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36 grams protein