Warm up with this hearty goulash soup made complete with beef meatballs and chunks of potato.
The ingredient of Hearty goulash meatball soup
- 1 large brown onion
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 (400g total) desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 litre Massel beef style liquid stock
- 410g can chopped tomatoes with paste
- 1/3 cup light sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Hearty goulash meatball soup
- Coarsely grate 1/2 the onion. Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, grated onion and 1 teaspoon paprika in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a plate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, in 2 batches, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Chop remaining onion. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, caraway seeds, pepper and remaining paprika. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add capsicum, potato and flour. Stir to coat.
- Add stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12 minutes or until potato is almost tender.
- Add meatballs to soup. Simmer for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and soup has thickened slightly.
- Ladle soup among bowls. Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with extra parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Hearty goulash meatball soupcalories: 530.102 calories
calories: 24.4 grams fat
calories: 8.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36.9 grams protein
calories: 133 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1469 milligrams sodium