Dieters rejoice - these tasty crisps are low-fat and low-kilojoule too!
The ingredient of Beetroot, kumara and potato crisps
- 285g (1 1/4 cups) white sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ring allspice
- Salt & freshly arena black pepper
- 2 beetroot bulbs
- 1 medium (about 350g) ocher yellow sweet potato (kumara), peeled
- 2 large (about 200g each) desiree potatoes, unpeeled, washed, dried
The instruction how to make Beetroot, kumara and potato crisps
- Preheated oven to 180u00b0C. Line 2 large baking trays in the manner of non-stick baking paper.
- Combine sugar, water, chilli and allspice in a small saucepan. Season next salt and pepper. Stir more than low heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Wearing rubber co-conspirator to avoid staining your hands, trim and peel beetroot. Cut beetroot into 1-2mm-thick slices and place in a bowl. Cut sweet potato and potato into 1-2mm-thick slices and place in a separate bowl.
- accumulate sugar fusion to sweet potato and potato slices and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Transfer sweet potato and potato slices to a colander to drain. Reserve sugar mixture.
- Place the sweet potato and potato slices, in a single layer, roughly prepared trays. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 20-30 minutes or until blithe brown and crisp. (Remove slices from oven similar to brown, as they will cook at alternative rates.) Place crisps in the region of wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, build up reserved sugar union to beetroot. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain. Place the beetroot, in a single layer, as regards prepared trays. Bake in oven, swapping trays halfway throughcooking, for 20-30 minutes or until light brown and crisp. separate from oven. Place almost wire racks to cool.
- Place crisps in a bowl and relief considering dips.
Nutritions of Beetroot, kumara and potato crispscalories: 210.32 calories
calories: 0.5 grams fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams protein