A hearty soup that combines the family favourite, lamb, with the winter favourite, pumpkin soup.
The ingredient of Spiced lamb and pumpkin soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750g Coles Australian Diced Lamb
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1L salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400g can Coles Brand Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 750g Naranka Gold pumpkin, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Flatbread, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced lamb and pumpkin soup
- Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook lamb, in 2 batches, for 5-6 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Cook the onion and capsicum, stirring, for 4-5 mins or until onion softens. Stir in the Moroccan seasoning and garlic. Cook for 1-2 mins or until fragrant.
- Return lamb to pan. Add stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hr. Add the pumpkin and chickpeas. Simmer, covered, for 25-30 mins or until lamb is very tender. Ladle among bowls and top with coriander leaves. Serve with flatbread.
Nutritions of Spiced lamb and pumpkin soupcalories: