Asian soups bring a smile to your face. Chicken and corn are soothing when mixed with noodles in this low fat wonder. Perfect when you need to whip something up in a hurry.
The ingredient of Chicken, corn and noodle soup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 500g sliced chicken breast
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups boiling water
- 85g packet instant noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Sambal oelek, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, corn and noodle soup
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, carrot and 1/2 the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Add corn, stock, soy sauce and boiling water. Bring to the boil. Add noodles. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender and chicken is cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove any foam from surface of soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with sesame oil and top with remaining green onion and coriander. Serve with sambal oelek.
Nutritions of Chicken, corn and noodle soupcalories: 410.124 calories
calories: 18.9 grams fat
calories: 5.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 26.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 31.6 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1706 milligrams sodium