Pork filled wontons are a treat to eat in this Asian soup.
The ingredient of Wonton miso soup
- 3 green shallots, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 230g can water chestnuts, drained
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 300g pork mince
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 28 square fresh wonton skins
- 2 tablespoons water
- 80g (1/4 cup) Genmai miso paste
- 2L (8 cups) water, extra
- 2 cups chopped fresh English spinach
The instruction how to make Wonton miso soup
- Place green shallots, water chestnuts, ginger and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process until roughly chopped. Add mince and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and process until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place 3 teaspoons of the pork mixture on the centre of 1 wonton skin. Brush the edges lightly with water. Gather the corners and press to seal. Repeat with the remaining wonton skins and pork mixture.
- Combine miso paste and 125ml (1/2 cup) of the water in a small bowl until smooth. Place the miso mixture with remaining water and soy sauce in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until soup comes to the boil. Add the wontons, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until wontons are cooked through. Stir in spinach and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until it just wilts. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Wonton miso soupcalories: 284.888 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 23 grams protein
calories: 1618.51 milligrams sodium